[WT-support] WT 4.11.0 - call sign notes

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Thu Nov 21 16:34:14 CET 2013

I am using 4.11.0, and 'am seeing something that I don't recall seeing
before.  It is notes (in red and yellow fonts) that display below the  log line
that say something about specific call signs that I key  in.

Here is an example:  When I key in RT6T, I get this  message (red font):
"Suffix not used with 6, or 7!"  I have worked  RT6T on three bands this week,
so I have to believe it is a legit stn.

Ok, so here are my questions about these messages:
1.) Where are these messages coming from?
2.) Is there a file that generates these messages?  If so,  how is this
updated over time, and by whom?

I am getting these messages on some legitimate call signs, so this  leads
me to believe that some of the messages are incorrect.  Therefore, it  seems
that the messages will have to be updated periodically to keep up with the
myriad of ways that call signs are issued in various  countries.  Please let
me know how this will be done.

Thanks, George J75KG / K5KG

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL