[WT-support] wtRotators - wrong Baud rate for Spid RAK

Ivo 9A3TY 9a3ty at zadar.net
Thu Nov 14 17:42:34 CET 2013

On 13.11.2013 20:23, Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:
> See page 14 of the AlphaSpid RAK Manual
> <http://alfaradio.ca/docs/manuals/tobe_RAK/AlfaSpid_Rotator_RAK_Manual_04April2013_Master.pdf>.
>  You can switch the AlphaSpid into Hygain mode using the Program
> Simulation Menu (PS H).  Then in wtRotators, change the rotator type
> to Hygain DCU-1.

Hi Bob,

thank you for trying to help me, but setting DCU-1 mode made no change -
still not working.
Namely, even with DCU-1 mode selected, wtRotators initializes serial
port at 4800 and SpidRAK controller (Rot1Prog_USB in my case)
communicates only at 1200. I wonder why both programmers made such
limited possibility of setting communication parameters....
As for second option I must say that I don't need so many features like
PstRotators has, so I will try to find another solution, even if it
means writing one on my own. At least, I will learn something new :-)

Best regards,

Ivo, 9A3TY