[WT-support] How to add emphasis spacing in callsign?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu May 23 21:02:33 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Sante - IK0HBN <ik0hbn at libero.it> wrote:

> I also put WEIGHT at 3.50, sounds better in my opinion.

If you use +++/---, WEIGHT 3.5, or any non-standard spacing, I believe that
CW Skimmer will take much longer to decode your callsign, which means you
will not be spotted nearly as often by the RBN.  If you use standard
spacing, you will be spotted much more often.

You can test this yourself by going to http://www.reversebeacon.net .  Then
CQ once or with standard spacing, and watch the results.  Then QSY and do
another CQ with non-standard spacing and you should see that it will take
much longer for you to be spotted.