[WT-support] K3 DVK wintest F1 not working!!

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Jun 8 23:12:02 CEST 2013

Are you trying to send CW or RTTY?  The scripts only work with the K3 voice
keyer (KDVR3), not the K3 CW or RTTY memories.  Is MODE set to PHONE?  If
not, press Ctrl-F1 until the mode change to SSB.

If you want to send CW messages, it would be much better to use Win-Test to
generate the CW, rather than the K3 memories.  No extra cable or keying
circuit or WinKey is needed, because you can just use the DTR and RTS lines
of you rig-control cable to generate CW and PTT signals.  In the K3 menu,
set CONFIG:PTT-KEY to RTS-DTR.

See this post<http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2012-May/082089.html>
for
more detailed instructions.