[WT-support] SO2R Question

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 28 09:52:50 CEST 2013

I agree with Bob.  Despite spending a long time working through the USB control protocol settings on the router and WT, I have never found the CW message sending on USB control to be "instant". There seem to be apparently random delays introduced, which simply do not occur with Classic control. (I am using a u2R). On SSB the USB setting seems OK, although occasionally there is a delay in starting the DVK. But on CW, CLassic control has been essential here.

In the IOTA contest this weekend, however, I experienced a problem with the SO2R settings which I had not come across before. The u2R would suddenly switch to listening on the wrong receiver, without any manual intervention. It always seemed to be after I have switched to the second rig and back again (using "*"), and I found that the headphone setting on WT had changed from "Listen to primary radio" to one of the other options, which seemed to be the cause of the problem. I've not yet got to the bottom of the problem, but it was annoying when it happened. Given the relative complexity of the key stroke to move the headphone setting (and so the low probability of and accidental instruction to WT) I feel there is something else going on which I plan to investigate.

73

Don, G3BJ / G5W

That is absolutely the *worst* thing to do.  Parallel Port Control