[WT-support] R: Re: Wintest + IC-781

Rudolf Schwenger Rudolf.Schwenger at t-online.de
Sat Jul 13 11:33:17 CEST 2013

Hi Sante,

I am using the IC-781 as well as the IC-7800 both in conjunction with the
microham MK2. OS is XP.

Here are my settings for the 781:

(A) MK2 (v.4.6 (winKey rev. 10))
:
(Aa) Ports Menue:
CAT: COM 5 (virtual port) 1200 8-N-1
CW: COM 7  (virtual port) DTR
PTT: COM 7  RTS
Foot Switch: COM 7  DCD
WinKey: COM 8 (virtual port) 9600 8-N-1

(Ab) System settings Menue
CI-V port settings:
Function: TX frequency
Baud rate: 1200 bps
Address: 26

if you press "Set" in the CAT-line, the window opening should display:
ICOM-IC781 (if not, choose "IC-781" from the list)
CI-V address: 26
port: None
the box "disable router queries" should be unchecked
both boxes "Ist" and "2nd" in the line "forward autoinformation to CAT port
should be checked

(B) WinTest (v. 4.9.1)

In the Options Menue press "configure interfaces"

Settings:
COM 5 (virtual port) "Radio 1"  1200 8-N-1
COM 7 (virtual port) "other interface"  9600 8-N-1 CW PTT
COM 8 (virtual port) "WinKey"  9600 8-N-1 CW PTT

Transceiver: Radio 1  IC-781
Transceive used  CI-V
do not poll: blinded
polling rate: Auto
Ethernet activation: checked
Broadcast address: 192.168.0.255
Port Number:  9871

The reason why I am using 1200 Baud has to do with the fact that the
transceiver CAT also controls my automativ antenne match box, which wants to
see 1200 baud....

Of course you must make sure that the COM ports used should not be used by
any other programmes.

I hope I could help you!

See you this afternoon in the IARU-contest....

vy 73 de Rudy, DJ3WE