[WT-support] Cty_wt_mod download

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jan 16 20:41:29 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:04 AM, K0DQ <k0dq at analog.org> wrote:

> When trying to download the latest (Jan 14, 2013) cty_wt_mod files I first
> get a download error (time out) message (OPTIONS | DATA FILES | COUNTRY
> FILES).

I see that as well, unless I hover over the "Symantec Endpoint Protection"
icon in the Windows system tray (near the clock), right click, and select
"Disable Endpoint Protection" (temporarily).  Other firewall/antivirus
software may similarly block Win-test from downloading files.

I've developed a standalone script to update all the CTY and MASTER files
with a single Windows command.  Just go to http://bit.ly/wtscripts,
download UpdateCtySCP.zip, and follow the instructions in the Readme file.
 The scripts require installation of a free program called wget.

Trying again successfully downloads a file but, even after reloading the
> log, the date of the latest file remains the same (20121119).  The cty.dat
> file does update but neither the cty_wt nor cty_wt_mod files do.

If you use the CTYFILES7 batch file you'll see 2013.01.14 for all three
files, because they are downloaded from the AD1C web site:

http://www.country-files.com/cty/cty_wt_mod.dat
http://www.country-files.com/cty/cty_wt.dat
http://www.country-files.com/cty/cty.dat

If you use the CTYFILES command within Win-Test you get something
out-of-date because *this Win-Test directory is not being updated properly:*

http://download.win-test.com/files/country/

****

> ** Something broken or am I screwed up?

Normally the Win-Test directory gets updated at the same time as the
country-files.com site; I don't know why that process is broken now.

Also, use support at win-test.com for all posts to this reflector, not the
f5mzn.org address.