[WT-support] Station Type

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jan 14 21:01:22 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:34 AM, <Georgek5kg at aol.com> wrote:

> **
> Do you think that my suggestion of having a message prompt the operator to
> set the Station Type when a network is established can (or will) be
> implemented in a future WT release?

It's harder to design than you might think.  How exactly do you want it to
work?  A pop-up message saying "There are two computers set as R1" could be
quite annoying in certain larger configurations that need to run things
that way (e.g. a multi-multi with one station per band and two operators
moving from chair to chair to operate as M/2).

Though not addressing this concern directly, I recently opened task
#328<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=328> to
cover the problem of 10-minute count-down timers not appearing in the
status window (Alt-J) for the NAQP.  When this is fixed you will have a new
clue.

Note that the station type is also shown on every QSO, as "R1" or "R2", and
if set incorrectly, station type can't be changed by moving the cursor to
the QSO and pressing Alt-Y or Ctrl-F3.

Separate "last band change" timers also appear in the rate window (Alt-R).
 Usually one notices quickly that only one timer is being updated.

So with all these visual clues that two stations are marked as "R1," is a
new prompt really required?