[WT-support] Network Error

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Dec 18 07:09:01 CET 2013

Geoff,

I just remembered another common cause of this "Network received bad
checksum" error:

   1. In the logging window, type SETUP [Enter]
   2. In the Interface Configuration screen, look at all the COM ports that
   have a check mark next to them
   3. If any of the checked COM ports are marked "Network", uncheck those
   COM ports and the problem should disappear

I assume you are using Ethernet or WiFi networking, not legacy serial port
networking, so none of the checked COM ports should be set to "Network".
 Unfortunately, Win-Test sets every COM port to "Network" by default.
 Maybe "Other interface" would be a much better.