[WT-support] How often does time-sync reset the clocks of all computers in the LAN?

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sat Dec 7 22:51:18 CET 2013

Hi Bob et al.

Le 07/12/2013 20:36, Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> In my own testing I've confirmed that time sync works correctly as soon
> as a new computer joins the LAN, but I don't know how often the time
> sync happens after that:  every hour, every 30 minutes?

Every 10 seconds, actually.

_But_ I'm afraid the issue is usually not on sending time frames, but on
the ability of the others Win-Test process to modify its system time.

Depending on the OS used, and the user privileges when launched, the
system time can (or cannot) be modified. For example, under Windows 7,
starting Win-Test as an admin ensures there is no system obstruction.
For others OS/users privileges, YMMV.

If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the
product being sold.- Andrew Lewis