[WT-support] How to block Win-Test to be started twice?

Fabian Kurz fabian at fkurz.net
Wed Dec 4 08:55:50 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 12:41:24PM +0100, Joergen Joe - OZ0J wrote:
> I have an old friend that from time to time starts Win-Test more than once
> on the same computer.
> He also run a MicroHAM Digi Keyer MKII and Win-Test lost the COM port
> settings when is has been started more than once.
> He is running Windows 7 and Win-Test v. 4.10.
> Does anyone has a solution so Win-Test only can be started once?

you can use a Windows batch file to do this, as described e.g. here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/162291/how-to-check-if-a-process-is-running-via-a-batch-script

This solution seems to be the fastest and easiest:

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq wt.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "wt.exe">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="1" start wt.exe

Just copy the lines above into a file, save it as e.g. "wt.bat", and
start WinTest by this batch file. It won't allow a second instance to
run.

You may have to add the full path to wt.exe in the last line, unless
it's in the PATH.

73
Fabian

--
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK      Munich, Germany
fabian at fkurz.net         +49 176 24079617