[WT-support] Reminder / Heads up - Band vs Frequency

K0DQ k0dq at analog.org
Tue Oct 30 16:48:20 CET 2012

Larry,

I went back and checked the WPX log. There were four errors.  In each case,
the BAND entry (i.e. what appeared on the logging screen) was correct but
the FREQUENCY (from Alt-F) was incorrect, even though it was a specific
frequency (i.e. not 14000).  That may seem counterintuitive but that's the
result.

How does the patch resolve differences?  Does it give precedence to the
frequency or band?  Or does it simply flag a conflict for the operator to
resolve.  If it gives precedence to the frequency, it may cause an error, at
least in my experience.

When I open the original WPX log with 4.10.0 the discrepancy between
frequency and band still exists so I infer it makes a decision at the
moment.

Thanks

Scott

P.S. I missed setting the all time ARRL DX CW record from US by 1 multiplier
. . . it can make a difference :-)