[WT-support] Selection of Check Partial files

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Oct 26 20:44:06 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:57 AM, <Georgek5kg at aol.com> wrote:

> **
> I installed them in C:/ProgramData/Win-Test/databases
>
> Now, here is where I always get stuck with WT.  How do I select the
> specific check partial file that I want for a particular contest?

You copy or rename it to match the contest name:

MASTERSS.DTA -> ARRL_SS.DTA
MASTER.DTA -> CQWW.DTA

I see in the documentation (yep, I read it several times) that the check
> partial file that you wish to use must be renamed to be DEFAULT.DTA.

Not sure which documentation you read, but the *search order* and *required
file names* are explained in great detail here:

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files

> I only want the SS log to use MASTERSS.DTA, and the other logs to use
> other check partial files of my choosing.

Rename MASTERSS.DTA to ARRL_SS.DTA and it will be used only for the ARRL
Sweepstakes (as long as you delete DEFAULT.DTA).  Keep MASTER.DTA, and will
be used for all other contests, unless there is a contest-specific filename
like CQWW.DTA or ARRL_DX_USVE.DTA that overrides it, as explained in the
documentation.

For example, rename

MASTERSS.DTA -> ARRL_SS.DTA
MASTERDX.DTA -> ARRL_DX_USVE.DTA (database for K/VE side, DX only, no
domestic callsigns)
MASTERUSVE.DTA -> ARRL_DX_DX.DTA (database for DX side, US/VE callsigns
only)

and keep MASTER.DTA for everything else.

The guys used different naming conventions, but doing the above should work
well as long as you don't have a DEFAULT.* file that takes precedence over
all of the above.