[WT-support] CQ WW Win-Test Setup Checklist / Reminders

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Tue Nov 20 05:15:43 CET 2012

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
941-400-1960 cell

In a message dated 11/19/2012 10:03:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
n6tv at arrl.net writes:

Why are you using the mouse?  Try pressing Ctrl+Up Arrow and  Ctrl+Down
Arrow instead.  This instantly jumps from spot to spot, much  faster than using
a mouse.

I have been using the mouse to click on the desired spot.  I was not  aware
of Ctrl+Up/Down Arrows, but will give that a try.

Are you using the "List" view of the band map?  Click the List tab  at the
bottom.  Right click and note the useful sort options available,  such as
sort mults at the top, sort by beam heading, sort most recent first,  etc.
Ctrl+Up/Down work well here too (unless you have an out-of-date  version of
Win-Test).

I use both the Bandmap and List views, and I do generally sort by frequency
 as I find that useful when I am tuning a band from bottom to top, or top
to  bottom for LSB.  I use the current version of WT...4.10.0.

Thanks for the help.

73, George.