[WT-support] Winkey sending only single character

Simon Schelkshorn simon at schelkshorn.de
Wed Nov 14 21:55:09 CET 2012

Hi Bob,

> This is a very unusual configuration.  Can you try an FTDI USB-to-Serial
> adapter, or a real serial port, to see if the problem goes away?
from all the answers in this list it looks like that tunneling the RS232
port over ethernet is not that unusual, but yes you are right it is not
really standard.

Unfortunately I can not use a USB-to-Serial adaptor as this setup is a
remote setup and there is no PC at the remote site.

> Which Ethernet-to-RS232 box are you using?   What version of WinKey chip
> (displayed by Win-Test after initialization).
I'm using a EXSYS EX-6034
(http://www.exsys.ch/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=320&language=en&zenid=cfdf8b0d73336e5bb727f26b6189b243).
Win-Test detects "Winkey v10".

That device server has four ports and in addition to the Winkey I have
CAT, PA and Power-Meter connected without any problems.

> Are you using the WinKey default settings, especially the handshake
> settings?
I have never done any changes to the Winkey settings and I'm using the
default settings in Win-Test.

> In the mean time, try removing all "+++" and "---" commands from your CW
> messages.  We've had problems in the past with this.
I know the problem with these commands and remove them by default.

Once again I'm not sure if this problem is related to Win-Test! For me
it looks more like a Winkey issue, but as lot of active contesters are
on this reflector I was hoping to get some tips I haven't thought about.

vy 73
Simon, DJ4MZ