[WT-support] Win-Test and contest numbers

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue May 29 04:19:12 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Mark Bailey <kd4d at comcast.net> wrote:

> Your proposed solution interferes with the rhythm of the run operator.
> And, I still think that tired operators won't do this well at 5:00AM!

I agree, at high speed, constantly watching and editing the sent serial
number *would* get cumbersome.

Maybe all that is needed is for Win-Test to save whatever value wast
last-used for the $SERIAL CW variable on each computer, and it could just
log that last-sent serial no., unique or not, instead of always saving the
constantly changing "current serial no." .

But, how do we make this work just as well on phone as on CW?  How do you
coordinate sent serial numbers when operating multi-multi with RUN/MULT on
the same band, on phone?

I wonder how multi-multi's did this in the old days of paper logging.
 Maybe that was well before the "octopus" became essential to the process
of competing and winning as a multi-multi in WPX.