[WT-support] Using COM port keying instead of Winkey (was CW keying from function keys)

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue May 29 04:18:43 CEST 2012

> So if I understand correctly, the microHAM CW Keyer box, like other
> microHAM products, also includes a separate "legacy" keying circuit
> that can be keyed ON/OFF by software, independent of the WinKey.

Yes, all microHAM products support "legacy" keying ... believe it or
not there is still software that does not support WinKey even though
it is superior to far more reliable than any PC generated keying.  In
addition, Winkey provides for either stored message/logger message CW
and paddle keying at the same speed.  Further WinKey CW does not bog
down or stutter when the logging software is updating bandmaps or
processing a firehose of RBN spots.  WinKey also allows paddle *and*
computer operation on the many transceivers that have but one CW
input that must be *either* straight key/computer *or* paddles.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV