[WT-support] [microHAM] CW keying from function keys

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Tue May 29 02:17:25 CEST 2012

Hello Bob,

Chances are all you had to do was type SETUP [Enter] [Enter] in Win-Test,
which re-initalizes all serial port connections, as this is much less
disruptive  than exiting and restarting the program.

I was not aware of the SETUP command.  I just tried it and, as you  said,
it is much easier than a reboot of the pgm.

However, I have seen similar Winkey reliability issues in the past, so I no
 longer use it. I much prefer to use COM port or LPT port on/off keying
with  Win-Test, plus the internal keyer of the radio. Win-Test sends very fine
CW this  way; external Winkey hardware is really not required. Yes you lose
paddle  interrupt of computer messages, but you get used to just hitting the
Escape key  when you need to do that.

I have not used COM or LPT port on/off keying, but I'm  willing to give it
a try once I figure out how to implement it.  I am  looking in the
documentation and I see the keying circuit, but how would I  connect in a paddle?

With COM or LPT port keying can you use the ++ -- speed up/slow down
commands which are a problem with the Microham CW Keyer.

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
941-400-1960 cell

In a message dated 5/28/2012 7:22:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,