[WT-support] CW keying from function keys

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon May 28 04:49:17 CEST 2012

This weekend we used Wintest 4.9.1 with Microham CW Keyers on two networked
 stations, and using Device Router 8.1.4 on both computers.

Occasionally, the Device Router would lose connection with the USB port  on
the Radio1 computer.  The Green check mark in the Device  Router changed to
Red X.  Replugging the USB connection to the back of the  CW Keyer restored
the connection.  Was 8.1.4 to have cured that  problem?  If so, I still
have the occasional disconnect.

The other problem we experienced was that a couple of times we lost the
ability to send CW messages from the function keys on the Radio1 computer.
We had to reboot WinTest to restore the CW keying from the function keys.
When this happened, the Green check mark in the Device Router was on,  so it
did not appear to be a Device Router problem.

I am sending this to both the Microham and Wintest reflectors in hope  that
someone will be able to explain cures for the two problems.

Many tnx,

73, George, K5KG

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL