[WT-support] Handing out "true" CW reports during a DX-pedition

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat May 5 22:15:37 CEST 2012

There are a couple of ways to have Win-Test send "honest" signal reports to
each station worked, depending on what you find most convenient.

Already built in to Win-Test, the $RST macro in a CW or RTTY message will
send whatever is present in the "Sent" column of the logging window.  You
can press the TAB key once (instead of spacebar) to move the cursor to the
RST Sent column and change it from 599 to whatever you like.  So the
"normal" key sequence would be:

   1. Type the callsign or the first part of it only
   2. Press Tab
   3. Change the RST Sent to the "true" RST if it is not 599
   4. Press INSERT (or Enter, if you are using ESM mode)
   (To enable ESM mode, type ESM [Enter] in the logging window.  Use NOESM
   [Enter] to disable it).
   5. Win-Test sends the callsign and "true" RST
   6. Press space bar twice to move the cursor back to the callsign field
   to finish typing the callsign before Win-Test has finished sending it

If this seems too difficult or too awkward, you can use another
alternative.  There are twelve "additional" CW messages you can access by
pressing Alt-C.  To each message assign one of the RST values you wish to
use, e.g.

$LOGGEDCALL 33N
$LOGGEDCALL 44N
$LOGGEDCALL 55N
$LOGGEDCALL 56N
$LOGGEDCALL 57N
etc.

Press Alt-C then F1 to F*n* to play the corresponding message.

If you prefer to use a single keystroke like Alt-1 to Alt-5, or F8-F10 and
F12 to send these messages, avoiding the pop-up window, you may use a
simple LUA script such as the attached, which calls the function

wtKeyer:PlayAdditionalMsg(msgNum)

Use Tools | Scripts Manager to assign each of the scripts to the desired
key.