[WT-support] WT with Winkey

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Mar 17 18:23:01 CET 2012

Sending with the paddles on the WinKey interrupts whatever message is being
sent.  I think the Winkey also waits for the "PTT tail" time to expire
before it will accept any new messages from Win-Test.

Set "PTT tail" to the minimum value using the WinKey utility.  Does that
help?

You should also try pressing the Escape key in Win-Test, even if nothing is
being sent.

FYI, there really is no requirement whatsoever to use a Winkey with
Win-Test.  Just use the Win-Test internal keyer, which provides well-timed
ON/OFF keying via a COM port pin or LPT port pin.  If you have an Elecraft
K3, no keying circuit is required.

Then use the internal keyer of the radio for all paddle sending.