[WT-support] Registration Key

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Mar 11 16:58:02 CET 2012

FTDI (Future Technology Devices International), manufacturer of the USB
chip used in all microHAM products, have a buggy hardware driver.  That
driver is causing the USB port to shut down at inappropriate times.

The information has been distributed on the microHAM Yahoo list:

In essence, one can uninstall Router 8.0.7 and revert to Router 7.7.1
or can completely disable all power saving features (Sleep, etc.) in
Windows.

The next release of Router will return to the backlevel version of the
FTDI drivers (ftd2xx.dll).

73,

    ... Joe Subich, W4TV
        microHAM America, LLC.