[WT-support] Interlock Feature

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jun 15 02:00:47 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Ricardo Navarrete
<ricardoea4zk at gmail.com>wrote:

> *I'm wondering if you win-test staff is working in an interlock software
> for M/M, M/2 or M/S stations in CQ WW DX contest*

Please review http://download.win-test.com/v4/nightly/release.txt.
 Note that the Win-Test developers have not added any significant features
to Win-Test since October, 2010.  They *have* fixed a lot of bugs, and they
*have* made small enhancements required to comply with new rules or new
Cabrillo file requirements, but they have not added any significant new
features such as software interlocks, serial number reservation, SO2V,
support for new contests, or support for new radios (but you can use
OmniRig).

I do hope that will change some day, but it may not.  Making Win-Test "open
source" could help Win-Test move forward, but so far they have not
responded to that suggestion.  Maybe they think it will make Win-Test
unstable or unmanageable.

So unless we hear otherwise, plan on using Win-Test as it is, or maybe try
something else.