[WT-support] Contest numbers - an option?

Bob Henderson bob at 5b4agn.net
Mon Jun 4 11:10:58 CEST 2012

If my scan of the posts on this subject hasn't been altogether too casual,
I have a suggestion.

Tonno's suggestion seems to run foul of Win-Test authors desire to maintain
reasonable sequencing of S/N.  As nailing a mult can in some cases take a
while, S/N can become significantly out of sequence and gaps can be created.

Perhaps the answer is to have different schemes for S/N allocation in Run
and S&P?

The run station S/N must be locked in when a call is in his call field.
The run station is initiating Qs so when he enters a call it pretty much
means he is working the station whose call he entered.

For stations in S&P mode S/N could increment with run station activity even
though a call is in the call field.  A S/N could then be locked in when the
S&P guy tabs out of the call field implying the station he has been chasing
for X minutes has finally replied and is sending him an exchange.  Not
until then does the S&P guy need a S/N.

Perhaps the basis for a solution, or perhaps I misunderstand the problem.

73 Bob, 5B4AGN