[WT-support] Rotor Control - Green Heron RT-21 S/N 00918

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Sun Jul 8 22:28:45 CEST 2012

Hello Jeff (W2FU) and Bob (N6TV),

Thank you both very much for your quick replies to my cries for help last
night.  I am happy to report that control of the RT-21 from Wintest is now
working.

Jeff, I did what you said and tried to access the RT-21 from the Setup
Utility, but just could not get the utility to talk to the GH.  I tried a
couple of com ports, but still no joy.  I then checked the continuity of  the
serial port cable (new and unused from my junk box) and, guess what, I  had
continuity only on pin-1.  No continuity at all on pins 2, 3 and  5.  Now, I
don't know why a cable with continuity only on pin-1 would even  exist, but I
for sure had one!!!

A trip to Radio Shack, and $21.38 later (yes, it was a rip off), the new
serial cable solved the problem.  When I connected the GH to com4, the  Setup
utility immediately connected.  I then tried it with Wintest and  wtRotors,
and it works beautifully.

I figure that having the "Point and Shoot Azimuth" feature will help my
score next weekend.  I will think of you guys every time I  hit Ctrl+F12, hi.

Thanks again.

73, George

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
941-400-1960 cell

In a message dated 7/8/2012 3:38:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,