[WT-support] Rotor Control - Green Heron RT-21 S/N 00918

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Jul 8 07:36:46 CEST 2012

It sounds like Win-Test is talking to wtRotators OK.  I assume you selected
Hy-Gain DCU-1 as the rotator type.  I assume your PC's COM4 serial port
(you have 4 "real" serial ports?) is connected to the RT-21's serial port
with a straight through cable, and that nothing is plugged into the RT-21's
USB port, so you don't need any USB device drivers.

Do you see the rotator's current beam heading displayed by wtRotators?  If
not, wtRotators is not communicating with the rotator on COM4, and you have
to try a different serial port.

Did you tell wtRotators which *bands* the rotator will control?  If you
don't define any antennas or bands, the rotator will not turn.  It only
turns for appropriate bands and ignores the rest.

See
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Rotators#Configuring_wtRotators_.28single_PC.2C_no_network.29
for
step-by-step instructions.