[WT-support] Rotor Control - Green Heron RT-21 S/N 00918

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Sun Jul 8 07:16:06 CEST 2012

Hello, I am trying to control  my GH RT-21 from WinTest.  I  have the
wtRotators program working aok with WinTest, but the GH RT-21 is  not rotating
when I hit Ctrl+F12 to cause the rotator to  rotate.

In wtRotators, I see these messages:
COM4 to Green Heron DCU: opened
Set Green Heron DCU rotator to : 050 ....(when I select an azimuth of 50
degrees)
Set Green Heron DCU rotator to : 300 ....(when I select an azimuth  of 300
degrees)

The RT-21 is connected to Com4, not a USB port.  Do I have  to install the U
SB driver as mentioned in the RT-21 user guide?  If so, how  do I do that?

How can I test to see that the RT-21 is communicating with Com4, which  it
doesn't seem to be?

73, George, K5KG