[WT-support] AFSK setup help for K3 please.

DK5EW dk5ew at mmmonvhf.de
Sat Jan 28 14:45:13 CET 2012

Using VOX is not a good and not a save way for keying.
Have you tried RTS/DTR different settings ?
If you have more than one software using com ports try LP-PAN. That
creates virtual cpm port based on one serial.
Since I use that I never had problems with keying.
73's Erwin/DK5EW
http://www.dk5ew.de

Am 28.01.2012 12:34, schrieb mm0gpz:
> Hi.
>
> Last minute setup for the BARTG contest today.
>
> I am struggling to get the correct settings to make Wintest  or MMTTY
> key my K3 correctly
>
> Setup is currently
>
> K3 AFSK A mode
>
> Config:PTT-KEY I have tried all settings. They either key the TX and
> don't return to RX or RX but not TX.
>
> Win-test: Using a real serial port Com1,
>
> MMTTY: No rig control set as I believe is correct.
>
> Currently I have MMTTY decoding and sending OK except it does not put
> K3 into transmit.Rig control in Wintest is OK.
>
> I presume the Configure COM1 and the PTT-KEY is where the answer would be found.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Gordon

-----
eMail ist virenfrei.
Von AVG überprüft - www.avg.de
Version: 10.0.1416 / Virendatenbank: 2109/4771 - Ausgabedatum: 27.01.2012