[WT-support] Minimum WinKey CW speed

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jan 9 23:16:42 CET 2012

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 3:07 AM, Robert Chipperfield <robert at syxis.co.uk>wrote:

> I wish I was using a K3, but sadly not!

What are you using?  I may be able to do the same keyer sync scripts with
some radios.  Even if I can't, try using ON/OFF keying via Serial Port or
COM port PIN and inexpensive legacy keying circuit as documented in the
Wiki; I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well it works.

You really don't need a WinKey when using Win-Test, because the CW timing
actually works quite well, and almost every radio includes an internal
keyer.