[WT-support] two noobie questions, RS232 PTT & packet window

Matthias Jelen Matthias.Jelen at gmx.de
Thu Aug 30 20:54:10 CEST 2012

Hi Brian!

> I see RS232 PTT is missing from Wintest?  My old logging
> software used that, and I would like to have it.  I
> suppose I can live without it, but it seems to me to be an
> unneccessary interface to build and another thing to fail
> when it can be done by software. Is there any plan to add
> that?

It is there, but a bit hidden:

Enter setup and choose "Other Interface" for the COM port
you want to use. Then press configure. Here you can assign
DTR and RTS to CW and PTT.

> Also, I am looking for the packet callout window where I
> can double-click a spot.  If you are SOA category, there
> should be a place where all spots are listed and
> clickable.  Again, my old logging program had this.  Maybe
> I am missing it somewhere.  I have the dx-cluster window
> where the spots scroll by, but I cannot click them.  I
> have the Radio 1 band map window, but it only shows the
> spots for the band the radio is on.
> Where is the window that shows all the spots on every
> (valid) band where I can double-click them?
ALT-A opens the announcement window. A click with the right
mouse key opens the context menu. Here you can choose the
displayes bands and decide if all spots or only mults are shown.

Hope this helps...

73,

Matthias, DK4YJ