[WT-support] SO2R Envioriment

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Sep 22 23:33:38 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Fabio I4UFH <i4ufh at libero.it> wrote:

> We are using K3 with 2 RX, could be a good shot to have a keyboard shortcut
> of the bandmamo ALT doubleclick, to move the freq to VFOB
> as the CTRL Arrow up/down does for VFOA. a suggestion can be SHFT CTRL
> Arrow up/down.

Ctrl-Shift-Up Arrow and Ctrl-Shift-Down are already used by Win-Test to move
up and down in the band map (including jumping to dupes, which isn't very
useful).  I agree that it would be better to use them for moving spots to
VFO B, because using Alt-Double-click is awkward.

> In the meantime, the ALT doubleclick don't fill the callsign field as the
> doubleclick does on VFOA, probable because this QSO don't  to be expected to
> be worked due the fact that is on VFOB, but could be useful to fill the
> callsign field, because it easy to swap the VFO and work it easy without
> swap vfo, doubleclick again and work it… More fast typing again the call ….

I've written a simple LUA script (attached) that will Swap VFOs A/B on a K3,
then copy the callsign from bandmap into the logging window.  Consider
assigning it to F9.  In case the attachment doesn't come through, here is
the essential part:

-- Call the K3 SwapVFO script
wtApp:CallScript("SwapVFO")

-- Sleep for 200 ms to allow the K3 to complete the operation
wtApp:Sleep(200)

-- Send Ctrl-Space to grab the spot closest to the current VFO A frequency
wtApp:SendKey(" ", WT_KEY_CTRL)

-- No further keystroke processing
return -1

You must first install the K3scripts.zip to get the K3 version of
SwapVFO.wts installed (or FT1000scripts.zip or FT2000scripts.zip).  Download
these from http://bit.ly/wtscripts, then follow the instructions in the
Readme file.

I am not in front of a radio to test it, but it should work.  I am not sure
if the 200 ms delay should be increased or decreased, so you may have to
play with that number.