[WT-support] Contest mp3 record file

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Sep 16 13:58:17 CEST 2011

Hi Al et al.

Le 16/09/2011 13:30, Albert Crespo a écrit :

> I can play the file and listen to
> the contest as a stand alone MP3, but in Win-Test it says there is no file.*

Note that several mp3 players or utilities can corrupt the file headers
where Win-Test store data. We fully respect the ID3v2 specifications for
that matter, but it appears other software don't. I personally use
Winamp as player, and mp3tag as tag editor if needed, with no problem.

To ensure your mp3 file hasn't been silently modified by a third-party
software that could have corrupted the header, check its modification
date. It must be identical (more or less) to the .wt4 contest file.

You can send me _privately_ your contest file, and the first 2 or 3 MB
of your mp3 file (not the complete one !) for further investigation.

73

Larry - F6FVY (not F5FVY)