[WT-support] DX Doubler and SO2Rxlat question

Bjorn LB1GB lb1gb at la8w.com
Sun Sep 4 07:02:31 CEST 2011

On 4 September 2011 00:35, Bob Wilson, N6TV <n6tv at arrl.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Bjorn LB1GB <lb1gb at la8w.com> wrote:
>
>> We got DX Doubler and SO2Rxlat working with Win-Test in SO2R Adv mode.
>> Scenarios work except for sticking to RX Radio 2 if F1-msg interrupted by
>> ESC.
>>

> Please see if open Task #305<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=305>describes your issue.  Are you using a WinKey?  Are you using REPEAT mode?

Never tried it with the REPEAT function. We don't have a Winkey. 1 paddle to
each radio which we hardly use.

> Problem two: Like I said, all work fine. Both TX and RX(expect the above)
>> is switching according to scenarios, but the virtual TX LED's in the second
>> radio window doesn't lit. Is this normal or is it a way to make them show
>> which TX is transmitting?
>>

> This is not normal.  The Red TX "LED" should always light to indicate which
> radio is transmitting messages.  Select Advanced SO2R mode.  Even then, the
> RED indicators do not always apply if you are using REPEAT mode.  Type NORPT
> to disable REPEAT mode.  Also, if you press CapsLock and then try to send
> with the paddles on the 2nd radio, that will not work until you press a key
> like F4 to send a message; the paddles always connect to the last radio that
> sent a Win-Test message.
>
> Did you follow all the details described in K0DQ's NCJ article for using
> Win-Test with the SO2RXlate ?
>
> See http://www.ncjweb.com/NCJ-JulAug-Redd-BonusContentFinal.pdf
>
> I never scrolled that far down in the document. Had limited time and was
stressing(not a good combination while setting up the station, I know :-))
Since hardware setup was not in the beginning of the document, I thought it
wasn't there :-/ I will go through the setup again.

How are you telling Win-Test to switch the TX radio?  COM port pin or LPT
> pin?
>
> COM port, but I see from the document you directed me to that I have a few
settings off.

> Does the problem happen on both phone and CW?
>
> Don't know, only tried CW.

> If you still can't figure it out, please send me:
>
> Your .wt4 (log) file:  File | Explore | /log directory
> Your wt.ini file:  File | Explore | /cfg directory
> Your SO2R_Advanced.ini file:  File | Explorer | /cfg directory
>
> 73,
> Bob, N6TV

Thank you Bob. I'll get back to you after checking the setup again.

73 Bjorn LB1GB/LN8W