[WT-support] DX Doubler and SO2Rxlat question

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Sep 4 00:35:09 CEST 2011

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Bjorn LB1GB <lb1gb at la8w.com> wrote:

> We got DX Doubler and SO2Rxlat working with Win-Test in SO2R Adv mode.
> Scenarios work except for sticking to RX Radio 2 if F1-msg interrupted by
> ESC.

Please see if open Task
#305<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=305>describes
your issue.  Are you using a WinKey?  Are you using REPEAT mode?

Problem two: Like I said, all work fine. Both TX and RX(expect the above) is
> switching according to scenarios, but the virtual TX LED's in the second
> radio window doesn't lit. Is this normal or is it a way to make them show
> which TX is transmitting?

This is not normal.  The Red TX "LED" should always light to indicate which
radio is transmitting messages.  Select Advanced SO2R mode.  Even then, the
RED indicators do not always apply if you are using REPEAT mode.  Type NORPT
to disable REPEAT mode.  Also, if you press CapsLock and then try to send
with the paddles on the 2nd radio, that will not work until you press a key
like F4 to send a message; the paddles always connect to the last radio that
sent a Win-Test message.

Did you follow all the details described in K0DQ's NCJ article for using
Win-Test with the SO2RXlate ?

See http://www.ncjweb.com/NCJ-JulAug-Redd-BonusContentFinal.pdf

How are you telling Win-Test to switch the TX radio?  COM port pin or LPT
pin?

Does the problem happen on both phone and CW?

If you still can't figure it out, please send me:

Your .wt4 (log) file:  File | Explore | /log directory
Your wt.ini file:  File | Explore | /cfg directory
Your SO2R_Advanced.ini file:  File | Explorer | /cfg directory