[WT-support] bug in wintest ?

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Oct 24 15:04:41 CEST 2011

Hi

Le 24/10/2011 14:50, Jose Orellana a écrit :
> 4W6A said
>
> "/We are aware that on the weekend of the 17th - 19th September that due
> to an unreliable generator, Wintest logging software has a _*bug*_ in
> the saving parameters of the software.. The network drop out caused
> Wintest NOT to save a certain amount of QSOs. We are are currently
> working with the Wintest developers in recovering the lost data. . Once
> this had been discovered the team un-networked the logging software. If
> we can recover the missing data Club Log will be uploaded/."
>
> this "bug" problem is solved ???

Actually, the so-called "bug" was a mis-configuration of Win-Test by the
users. The program itself has no bug on this matter. I fear their "lost
data" are definitely lost.

I exchanged several times with the "IT manager" of this expedition.
Today, he knows how to properly configure Win-Test in a multi-op setup ;-)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary
and those who don't.