[WT-support] Microkeyer II DVK with WT not working

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Oct 20 03:15:37 CEST 2011

Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:
> the other methods (e.g. microHAM control protocol) causes really
> bad 1-2 second message delays.  The microHAM folks say Win-Test is
> the problem, and the Win-Test folks say microHAM firmware is the
> problem,

Schoolbook example of failure to communicate between software and
hardware developers. Really annoying, because it is so unneccessary,
and users suffer as a result.

Can you provide some details about the device and the protocol? From
cursory surfing on http://www.microham.com/index1.html it seems that
the device falls into the trap of COM port emulation over USB,
instead of using a more efficient, tailor made, protocol.

This isn't the greatest starting point, but of course it is intended
to offer compatibility with existing software. Sometimes this is not
a good idea.

But please, if some details are known about the protocol failues with
this device, I would be happy to help come up with a solution.

//Peter