[WT-support] Microkeyer II DVK with WT not working

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 19 20:20:17 CEST 2011

I should also note that when using the Win-Test "internal" DVK (e.g. sound
card = USB Voice Codec or the built-in PC sound card), messages can be sped
up and slowed down using Alt-F10, and Alt-F9, same as CW.  If you want these
voice messages to sound "normal," press Alt-F9 or Alt-F10 until "Tempo =
100%" is displayed at the bottom of the rate window (Alt-R).  You may record
different messages for each operator and using the OPON/OPOFF or
LOGIN/LOGOUT commands to switch operators. If you want to remove the
trailing "click" that may be recorded, you have to edit the .wav files with
a tool like Audacity.

The .wav files are stored in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Win-Test\ops\default\n6tv\nnn\msg1.wav

or similar where nnn is a numeric contest identifier such as 200 for CQ WW
DX (see http://download.win-test.com/v4/lua/constants.wts for the complete
list).

When using the microHAM control protocol to use the device as an "External"
DVK (e.g. no Sound card selected in Interface Configuration, microHAM
control port specified), you do not have the option to speed up and slow
down messages, and I believe Shift-F1 doesn't work; you have to use the
Router software to program the voice messages.  The .wav files are stored in
a microHAM directory under Documents and Settings somewhere.