[WT-support] two strange bugs (?)

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Oct 7 19:26:03 CEST 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 2:22 AM, Tõnno Vähk <tonno.vahk at gafm.ee> wrote:

> Latest WT 4.8.0 in Advanced SO2R mode
> MK2R+ (Microham control protocol on com port selected)
>
> 1. AltGr+Fx recording does not work with F1-F4 (nothing happens when pushed
> even when On Air Recording is enabled in USB Router) but works 100% OK with
> F5-F7! Exactly the same behviour on all stations. Recording from USB Router
> works fine for all messages. Checked the Router log and WT does not send
> any
> command at all to MK2R+ when AltGr+F1...F4 is pressed.

First, type SCRIPTS [Enter], and DEFINEKEYS [Enter] in the logging window,
to make sure that AltGr+F1 has not been remapped to run a script or activate
another key.

Do you have "Shift binds to secondary radio" selected?  If you disable it,
you should be able to record messages via Shift+Fx instead of AltGr+Fx.  You
could also try programming messages using the Router interface.

2. AUTO CQ remains ON even when S&P mode (enabled S&P/RUN switching of
> course) is selected. It should not, should it?

I don't really understand.  Please explain step-by-step.  Does it work
differently on phone than on CW?  Are you saying that REPEAT doesn't go away
when you press Ctrl-Tab to switch to S&P mode?  Is Ctrl-Tab mapped to run a
script?  Do you have $REPEAT or $CQ programmed in the selected Advanced SO2R
Scenario?

Remember that repeating CQs will continue on Radio 1 until you type a call
in the Primary window, hit Escape, or call someone on Radio 2.

Please note:  Advanced SO2R mode is currently broken for phone contests that
require you to "speak" a serial no. on the secondary radio.  I have not
found a way to get the mic. to transmit on the secondary radio, I can only
transmit messages there.  See:

http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=264
http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=281
http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=187

You will probably have to use the [ * ] key to swap Primary / Secondary
every time you want to give an exchange on the secondary radio.  You may not
have noticed this problem before because for contest like CQ WW Phone or
ARRL DX Phone you never have to use the mic. when calling another station in
the secondary radio and giving the exchange.

I have found the microHAM control protocol to be slow and unreliable using
Win-Test.  I suggest unchecking the microHAM control port and using the
Win-Test "Internal" DVK by selecting sound card = "USB Voice Codec" in
Interfaces Configuration, and use virtual COM port pins or LPT pins for PTT
and headphone switching.  Remember that with that Internal DVK, you can use
Alt-F9 and Alt-F10 to speed up or slow down voice messages (shown as "temp"
in the bottom of the rate window (Alt-R)).