[WT-support] winkey complete string instead of individual characters

Frank Grossmann frank at grossmann.com
Tue Nov 8 13:17:02 CET 2011

Hi all,

using Win-Test remotely (CAT + WINKEY connected via VSPE) seems impossible with 4.9.1 as it seems win-test is waiting for each character echo from the win-key device.

Because of Internet latency each character is transmitted with a delay.

I am not 100% sure, but I am under the impression I used the same setup with an older win-test version and had no issues.

Anyway, it'd be nice if Win-Test had an option to just output the whole message in one string instead of character by character.
This could be a switch in the winkey-config form.

If this is because of being able to press ESC to abort CW keying, maybe the <0A> immediate command "Clear Buffer" of winkey could be used for that purpose.
I am happy to test any beta regarding this issue.

73 + TNX

Frank DL2CC