[WT-support] Winkey problem

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun May 29 19:49:01 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 4:05 AM, Frank, IZ7AUH/AK1CQ <iz7auh at gmail.com>wrote:

> " The virtual serial port pins can be used for CW on/off keying and PTT,
> or for high speed SO2R active radio control of a microHAM, EZMaster (?) or
> DXDoubler box via "Classic Auto Control" (set device type to Other
> interface)."
>
> I don't understand where available all information about, please give me a
> link.

There are many Win-Test sample configurations documented here:

http://www.microham-usa.com/support.html

But unfortunately, there is no example explaining how to use COM ports for
SO2R switching.

About a year ago OM7ZZ documented the solution here:

http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2010-May/079591.html

At SO2R tab in Router set:
- Classic auto control
- TX Focus = DTR | COM x
- RX Focus = Follow TX focus | COM x
- Stereo headphones = RTS | COM x

At Win-Test Configure Interfaces set:
- COM x = Other interface
- COM x = Configure
DTR = Active Radio
RTS = Stereo RX Audio

Unfortunately, I believe you said you have a microHAM MKII (microKEYER II),
which does *not* support SO2R switching for headphones and mic., just CW
switching via the WinKey outputs.  So I made a mistake.  I thought you had a
microHAM MK2R, MK2R+, or u2R, in, which case you could use virtual COM port
pins or LPT pins to switch headphones and mic. for SO2R.  If you have a
MKII, you cannot do this.