[WT-support] How to log the short callsign "A5" with Win-Test in the WPX CW this weekend

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri May 27 19:30:27 CEST 2011

According to the Daily DX:

The shortest callsign in this coming weekend's CQ WPX CW Contest is
> expected to be A5.  Yes that will be the call of JH1AJT, Zorro from
> Thimphu, Bhutan.  He will be SOAB.  QSL direct to JH1AJT.

Win-Test will not let you log a QSO with a callsign like "A5".  I do
*not*consider that to be a bug. :-)

To work around this problem, I suggest that you always log Zorro as "A5E"
during the contest.  After the contest, manually edit your Cabrillo file
with a text editor like Wordpad to change A5E back to A5.