[WT-support] How To Use LPT Port with Windows-7 64-Bit

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Wed May 11 20:13:15 CEST 2011

There have posts asking how to get the Win-Test LPT Port functions running
under Windows-7 64-Bit.  With the help of Bob, N6TV, I was able to get it
working last night.  This is a "How To" guide.

With the Win-7 x64 OS, when the LPT Port is configured in Win-Test Configure
> Interfaces and Win-Test restarted, the user will receive the message:

"DLPORTIO.SYS Device Driver not Loaded. Port I/O will have no effect."

Here's the solution:

1)       Browse to   http://www.highrez.co.uk/Downloads/InpOut32/default.htm

2)       Near the bottom of the page, look for the   Binaries only - x86 &
x64 DLLs and libs.   (
<http://highrez.adriandaz.co.uk/ccount/click.php?id=2> Mirror)    Link

3)       Click on that Link and download    InpOutBinaries_1500.zip

4)       Unzip the files to a temporary folder

5)       In this temporary folder, right-click on   InstallDriver.exe   and
left-click on   Run As Administrator

6)       From this temporary folder, Copy   InpOut32.dll    to your
C:\Program Files (x86)\Win-Test Directory

7)       Rename this file to   DLPortIO.dll

8)       Configure the LPT Port in Win-Test  Configure > Interfaces

9)       Shut down and restart Win-test

10)   The "DLPORTIO.SYS Device Driver not Loaded. Port I/O will have no
effect" message should no longer be displayed

11)   And your LPT Port should be usable for CW and PTT Keying

Note:  The InpOut32.dll, renamed to DLPortIO.dll, can also be copied to
C:\Windows\SysWOW64 to achieve the same result.

73 --- Dave, W9ZRX