[WT-support] Fwd: Re: Handling serial numbers on multiple computers

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Tue Mar 29 01:34:16 CEST 2011

Hi Steve and everyone:

First, I apologize for the tone of my comment on the "wildly" out of sequence
serial numbers.  I did not intend any criticism.  I think the N1MM implementation
of serial numbers is brilliant - we've used it for years in WAE SSB.

Steve has explained the case that makes an old serial number get sent on
occasion and this is what I was referring to.  It IS startling when a serial
number that is several hundred QSOs old appears for the first time.

Also, I misremembered the manual, which states:

"Serial number server for SO2R and multi-user modes - coordinates serial
numbers between radios."

and inserted the word central.

Thanks, Steve, for setting the record straight!  Again, I regret the tone of
my e-mail and the criticism of N1MM that I see when I read it again.  It was
not intended.

73,

Mark, KD4D