[WT-support] Fwd: Re: Handling serial numbers on multiple computers

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 01:04:08 CEST 2011

On 03/28/2011 12:06 PM, kd4d at comcast.net wrote:

> N1MM's solution is elegant, but it sends wildly out of sequence
> serial numbers and requires a central server.

N1MM Logger does NOT require or even support a central server. The database is
replicated and synchronized on each networked computer.

The N1MM Logger serial numbers are not "wildly out of sequence". If computer "A"
reserves a serial number (by typing in a call), and computer "B" makes other
QSO's before computer "A" finishes its QSO, then yes, the log will show serial
numbers out of time sequence. This is NOT a problem for log checking in any
major contest. Thankfully, in all cases, N1MM Logger logs the same QSO number as
was sent by the operator.

I know, this isn't the N1MM Logger reflector, but I feel that misunderstandings
need to be clarified.

73,
Steve, N2IC