[WT-support] Bandplan not working

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Mar 26 23:33:57 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 1:25 PM, PY2SEX - Alex <py2sex at gmail.com> wrote:

> how can I tell that to the software? Make it ignore mults for other bands
> and just focus on that band I wanna send my logs for.

Alex,

First, chasing multipliers in the WPX contest is a big mistake.  The best
way to make points and multipliers in WPX is to run stations as fast as you
can to make as many QSOs as possible.

But if you insist on calculating accurate multipliers right now, instead of
after the contest, well, Win-Test does support switching the contest
category from single-band 15 to single-band 10 in the middle of a contest.

However, there is away to do this, but it takes many steps.  Win-Test allows
you to create a Cabrillo file with 10m QSOs only, then you import this
Cabrillo file into a new WT4 log.  After the contest, you have to create a
new Cabrillo file and copy 15m QSOs lines from the old Cabrillo file into
the new 10m Cabrillo file.

   1. First, save your current window positions as the new default, since
   they will be lost in this process:
   *Options | Windows | Default layout ... | Use the current layout | OK*
   2. *COPYLOG* [Enter] to silently save a copy of your current log, so that
   no QSOs will be lost
   3. *WRITELOG* [Enter]
   4. Check Cabrillo and click the *[Options ...]* button
   5. Click the *[All]* button to exclude all bands
   6. Click once on *10m* to exclude all *but* the 10m band
   7. Click *OK*
   8. Click *OK* again.  This will write a Cabrillo file with 10m QSOs only
   (bug:  the header will still say BAND: ALL)
   9. *CLOSE* [Enter]
   10. *File | Import Cabrillo*
   11. Click the *[Browse]* button and select the Cabrillo file saved in
   step 8.
   12. To be extra safe, change the output file to a *new name*, like
   WPX-2011-10M.WT4
   13. Check *Load the log after import* and press *OK*
   14. Your new 10m-only log will be loaded.  Verify this by looking at the
   summary window *Alt-S.
   *(If this were CW, all the CW messages would have to be reprogrammed at
   this point.)
   15. When the contest is over, type *WRITELOG*.  If your log has only 10m
   QSOs in it, the header of the Cabrillo file will be fixed to say BAND:  10M.
    The file name will be WPX-2011-10M.LOG or similar.  You should select to
   output a Summary file too, to save your claimed score info.  Press *OK*.
   16. *CLOSE* [Enter]
   17. *OPEN* [Enter]
   18. Select the *old copy* of the log (.WT4) saved in step 2.  The name
   will be something like WPX-2011_201103262208.WT4
   19. Repeat steps 3 to 8, this time selecting output of the *15m QSOs only
   *
   20. Open both WPX-2011-10M.LOG and WPX-2011_201103262208.LOG  with
   Wordpad in two windows, and copy and paste the 15m QSO lines from the 15M
   Cabrillo file into the 10M Cabrillo file, right after the header records.
   21. Save the new file (make sure it still says BAND: 10M in the header).
   22. Submit the Cabrillo file.  Your 15m QSOs will not count towards your
   score, but the guys you worked there will still get credit for working you,
   instead of a "not in log".