[WT-support] Annoying error message in wtDxTelnet

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Mar 17 00:32:13 CET 2011

Hi Ville,

No one has reported this specific error before, which basically means that
the remote host closed the connection.  That could be caused by firewall
issues, hardware issues, cable issues, etc.  Is a Wireless router being used
between these machines?  Maybe there is signal loss.

Try running the wtDxTelnet program on a different machine.  Also make sure
your are running Version 3.1 (Help | About).

Of course make sure all versions of Win-Test and wtDxTelnet are using
exactly the same *broadcast address*.

Start with this FAQ
page<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/FAQ:DX_Cluster_and_wtDxTelnet>and
follow the appropriate links to make sure that you really have
wtDxTelnet and Win-Test Configured properly.

If you can't figure it out, please send me screen shots of your Win-Test
SETUP and wtDxTelnet SETUP screens (press Alt-PrintScreen to capture the
current window the the clipboard, then paste into email or Windows Paint).