[WT-support] SO1R but with 2 Radios

John Wayman g4drs at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 11 20:05:32 CET 2011

Hello,
Sometimes (quite often, really), I want to use 2 different radios in a given
contest, but still operate SO1R. In the normal station configuration, all the
antennas are switched by a single switch unit, and I have an A/B switch operated
by the SO2R box to route the antenna socket of the appropriate radio to the
antenna switch unit. What I would therefore like to do is have WT set the band
data on the LPT port according to the active radio. So, for example, I may want
to use Radio 1 on the higher bands, but Radio 2 on the lower bands. When I press
'*' to switch radios, I would like the antenna switch to change too. Is this
possible? So far, I have only managed to work out how to set WT to derive band
data from R1 OR R2, but this is a 'once only' setting, down in the menus.
Please tell me I am missing something glaringly obvious, or failing that, please
tell me there is a neat work-around.
Obviously, when I make an attempt at a contest using SO2R, I re-jig the station
so the A/B switch does not operate and route another, extensive (Not! HI!)
antenna system to Radio 2 directly. Then, it all works beautifully, it's just in
the 'Let's have a play in this contest for a couple of hours' scenario that I
have a problem.
Any ideas would be gratefully received.

73,

John,