[WT-support] WT4 & FT-5000 VFO selection

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Mar 11 01:10:48 CET 2011

Using Omnirig, it might also be possible to create a copy of FT-2000.ini
named FT-2000VFOB.ini, then edit it so that it always does the VFO B
commands instead of the VFO A commands.  Then tell Omnirig that Rig 1 is an
FT-2000 and Rig 2 is an "FT-2000VFOB", both using the same COM port.
Win-Test will then treat VFO A as Radio 1, and VFO B as Radio 2, and the
VFOs could be on different bands.

But I'm not sure if Omnirig alone is sufficient; I don't know if it lets you
control two different "rigs" on the same COM port.  Instead, you might have
to use something like the microHAM Router program to assign two virtual COM
ports to the same Radio, then configure OmniRig to use the two microHAM
virtual serial ports, one for Rig 1, the other for Rig 2.

Someone highly motivated to make VFOB work more like a second radio (for
SO2V support) should experiment with this and let us know how it works.