[WT-support] Country File Error?

Harry Herr, W6HH w6hh at hughes.net
Thu Mar 10 00:33:18 CET 2011

  Bob,

  My folder view options are:
Show [checked bullet] hidden files, ...
DO NOT [unchecked box] Hide extensions for ...

Since I'm the only user, I always log on as administrator.  The file
security associated with the directory thinks everyone using the program
is a user so I had to give "users" permission to overwrite the cty files.

The files were saved with the original names, in the original
directory.  They are the only instances on my disks.

Why don't you make a test file and log KH6YR with the distributed cty
file then edit it and see if your copy of Win-Test will correct the test
log?

Here's my original inquiry:

" Win-Test version 4.7.0
CTY.DAT                     2011.03.05.00
CTY_WT.DAT             2011.03.01.00
CTY_WT_MOD.DAT  2011.03.01.00

KH6YR was logged as follows:

Callsign       Rcvd    Mult     Pts
KH6YR        KW   ----       0

How can I "fix" this to get the 3 points?  By the way, several folks
have had this problem before with other log programs."

Am I the only person using Win-Test for the ARRL DX Contest?

Thanks,
Harry, W6HH