[WT-support] cabrillo problem

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Jun 12 22:59:47 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Rick Dougherty NQ4I
<nq4i at contesting.com>wrote:

> .I am at a loss to explain why the first time I wrote a cabrillo file it
> only had 250
> qso's...this is with WT4.70....any hints here?

No, I don't recall anyone reporting a problem like that before.   Were all
the QSOs the same mode, e.g. there were only SSB QSOs in the Cabrillo file
when you made QSOs in *both* modes?  If so, there is an [Options] button
next to the Cabrillo output file checkbox that allows you to exclude certain
bands or modes when creating the Cabrillo file.  If the "Exclude CW" option
was checked, then your Cabrillo file will be created without any CW QSOs.

Or perhaps you were accidentally using an unregistered or "demo" version of
Win-Test to create the Cabrillo file, perhaps a different version or a
different machine than the one used to actually operate the contest.

Or perhaps the Cabrillo file was created once in the middle of the contest,
then marked "read only" somehow so it couldn't be udpated.

That's the only thing I can think of, other than running out of disk space
if you were trying to write the Cabrillo file directly to a full memory
stick or something.